Proper time management equals productivity. These two are always interrelated. If we don’t properly manage our time, it is more likely that we cannot be productive. Time is the only thing on earth that we cannot hold and keep, unlike other commodities, only time is wasted when not used. I was being reminded of this when I was looking at my arts and crafts photos and I just realized it’s been quite a long time since the last time I produced a craft project and an artwork. Looking back, I’ve comprehended that though I was busy with other works, I’m guilty that I didn’t really allot time to have my creative hands in action. I’ve tracked that the root cause is because I didn’t manage my time thus I wasn’t productive in this area of my life. Another reason is I didn’t follow the plan that I set for myself as this year started. That plan is primarily focused on time management and productivity, I put them on the top of my goals for this year. I have a long list of projects to do; recycling crafts, artworks, etc. but now that there are only few months left for 2018 it seems that I’m not going to make it. Well, it is always never too late to do the right thing. As long as we are still breathing, we still have chances to re-energize our steps to enter the door for changes, growth and development. To put this into action, I have set rules for myself and I must start NOW, procrastination must be left behind. I believe these rules can help me meet my goals and may help you too;
You may also read a post like this https://creatifyinfo.com/the-path-leading-to-succes/
1. Plan your specific projects and activities that you want to carry out for the week by writing a schedule and documenting it on a planner or journal. You may create a weekly calendar of activities to follow, set specific time in the day to do them, and how many hours to spend for each activity.
2. Target a day and a date to finish each project. Set a target that is realistically attainable. Don’t put too much on your plate that you may not be able to finish.
3. Everyday write a schedule of work to do and to carry out. – Today, as I was writing this, I started my schedule to attend our church’ regular morning prayer meeting. Afterwards, my schedule was to go home straight to clean my house, water my plants and I set to finish this before lunch time. In the afternoon, I planned to finish at least two creative projects for the day.
4. Be firm in your schedule. After our prayer meeting, one of my churchmates invited me to ride with them and join them in their shopping spree. At first, I was tempted to go but I must be firm with my schedule and follow my rules or else I won’t be able to do what I targeted for the day, so my answer was a big NO to the invitation.
5. Make a list of things you will be needing for your project or activity before starting your project to avoid consuming your precious time buying or looking for them.
6. Organize all the items and the stuffs you need for each project. Being organized helps in managing our time because we could reduce spending time searching or looking for the things we will be needing.
7. Avoid distractions. This is where I failed before. I was set to work on a certain project but when I hear my messenger’s notification, or when a Facebook post caught my attention, I spend long hours replying to messages or writing comments to my friends’ posts or watching viral videos and reading comments there. These are distractions that I am trying to spend minimal time now if not totally stopped. What I do, while my creativity is in action, I turn off my notifications and silence my phone.
8. Do not sleep late and do not deprive yourself of enough rest just to accomplish your target. If we abuse our own health this will surely affect our productivity in the end. So, I set 10:00 o clock P.M. to be my late sleeping time. Before, I was sleeping at past 12:00 AM and sometimes until 2:00 o’clock in the morning so consequently my immune system became weaker and I became an easy prey of colds or flu virus.
God gave us the same measure of time each day. It is how we manage our time that gives the conclusion if our given day would be productive or not. My day one of employing these rules to myself was a success. I have accomplished my target for the day and have put my plans into reality. I have a cleaned, organized house ( Photo above ) and healthy plants in my small garden ( below ).
The creative projects that I’ve
accomplished for the day are two terrariums ( shown in photos above ) My whole day was exciting and brought me the feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction. The only key to realizing our plans, targets or goals is self-discipline. For us to have proper time management which leads to productivity, we have to train ourselves to stay in the line that we draw for ourselves. I will post all my future finished works here to motivate myself more in reaching my goals and realizing my plans. Lastly, before starting any plan, before facing the challenges of each day, I make sure to thank God for the opportunity of a new beginning. Each day is a blessing from God, each morning is a fresh start. I commit every step and plans unto God’s hand through prayer before I leave my bed. I believe that I can make plans but only God can give me the strength, the chances, the time, the ability, the wisdom and the ways to make my plans succeed.
Proverbs 16:3 ” Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and He will establish your plans.”
Thank you for reading and God bless you!